Elite horizontal sliding windows
Sliding windows do not project outward and are therefore ideal for use in confined spaces and may easily be used with burglar bars or safety gates. They may be used for both residential and commercial applications.
Horizontal sliding window features include:
- double draft seals for excellent weather sealing,
- anodized or powder-coated aluminium options,
- being available in a wide range of powder-coated colours,
- fitting options of standard 4mm glass, toughened glass or laminated safety glass,
- standard sizes up to 3m wide and 1.5m high,
- being able to be manufactured to spec for larger custom sizes.
The Elite sliding window is a high performance window capable of withstanding wind loads of up to 2000PA. It meets the requirements of both the AAAMSA performance compliance test and the SAFIERA energy rating test. The window will also comply with National Building Regulations if manufactured in accordance with the prescribed Wispeco Aluminium specifications.
- SANS 10400 Part B: Safety Glazing Regulations,
- SANS 10400 Part XA: Energy Usage in Buildings,
- SANS 613: Mechanical Performance of Fenestration,
- SANS 204: Energy Efficiency in Buildings.
Vertical sliding windows
Vertical sliding windows have a narrow profile and do not protrude outward; they also allow variable airflow as both the top and bottom panes may slide.
If used together with aluminium shutters, these units may be applied in line with the new energy efficiency legislation.
Vertical sliding window features include:
- being spring balance operated,
- fitting options for glass up to 6mm thick (single glazing only).